Child Care Benefit
In Home Care services that fall under the eligibility criteria of Child Care Benefit are focused to meet the needs of families with children who cannot be cared for by other child care services (such as long day care / family day care) or whose circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs and to whom one or more of the following applies:
- Who cannot be cared for by other child care services or whose circumstances mean that an existing child care service cannot meet their needs and
- To whom one or more of the following applies:
- The child has, or lives with another child who has, an illness or a disability
- The child's guardian (or guardian's partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child
- The child lives in a rural or remote area
- The work hours of the child's guardian (or guardian's partner) are hours when no other approved child care service is available
- The child's guardian (or guardian's partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school
We will endeavour to place a dedicated carer in to your home to assist with the main duties of caring for your child(ren).
In Home Care places remain capped and are allocated to services by the Australian Government, currently through the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
A determination of ‘other circumstances’ in which a service can provide In Home Care to a child is at the department’s discretion. Services are required to contact DEEWR to request a determination for care to be provided to a child in ‘other circumstances’.
DEEWR continues to have discretion to allow exemptions to the above eligibility criteria.
Approved In Home Care services cannot exceed the number of places they have been allocated by the department. Consequently, not all families meeting the eligibility criteria will receive a place and/or the full number of hours of care for which they apply.
To apply for a Child Care Benefit In Home Care Position, please call us to discuss your circumstances. PH: 03 9455 8989.